Division of Interdisciplinary Palliative Care and Medicine
Department of Family, Community and Emergency Care
UCT Division of Interdisciplinary Palliative Care and Medicine (IPCM) seeks to appoint a senior lecturer who is experienced and knowledgeable in palliative care to convene the M.Phil in Palliative Medicine. The main purpose of this position is to provide postgraduate research support and to assist clinical training across the division. The position is for 20 hours a week and does require face-to-face teaching. The division supports the development of the discipline within the context of South Africa, the African continent and internationally.
• Hold an MBChB (or equivalent MD).
• A M.Phil or Masters degree in Palliative Care/Medicine.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in palliative care.
• Demonstrable research supervision experience at postgraduate level.
• Proven track record of research.
• Leadership and organizational skills and decision-making abilities.
• Excellent written communication skills.
• Ability to build and maintain effective partnerships and relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to engage with issues of transformation, equity and diversity.
• Registration with the HPCSA or other professional bodies
• A PhD would also be advantageous.
• Experience of coordinating postgraduate education, and ability to consult and mentor students.
This role includes teaching, supervision, research and social responsiveness, with attention to issues of transformation and equity. In addition, the successful candidate will be required to perform administrative functions at Divisional, Departmental, Faculty and University level if needed.
The appointment will be on UCT Academic Clinical conditions of service. The annual cost of employment, including benefits will be based on the University’s clinical pay line which is aligned to OSD rates.
Enquiries about this post should be directed to Dr Rene Krause, email@example.com (+27 21 6501475).
Closing date: 30 May 2023
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file to Ms Tracy Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org
– UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc)
– Motivation letter that speaks to the specific requirement of the position, and
– Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Please ensure the title and reference number are indicated in the subject line.
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be required to undergo an assessment.
Telephone: 021 650 5405 Website: www.publichealth.uct.ac.za
Reference number: E230232