SAAFP will be hosting an online zoom meeting with interested family physicians to provide feedback on our private sector initiative thus far and discuss the way forward. The purpose of the meeting is to:
- Give an update regarding the key problem areas identified in the private sector: Appropriate remuneration, recognition of family physician scope of practice and registration of practices with Family physicians and GP’s.
- Provide clarity on how Healthman and SAAFP are collaborating to address these matters.
- Get feedback from attending family physicians on above matters discussed.
- Establish private sector forum that will be representing the private sector Family Physicians interests when engaging with relevant stakeholders going forward.
Proposed zoom meeting date:
- Wednesday 15th June 7-8pm
Should you be interested to join the conversation and discuss the issues you are experiencing, please click on the link below to register.
We look forward to seeing you there.
Dr. Sheena Mathew
Mbbch(Wits), MMed (Stell), FCFP (SA)
SAAFP EXCO(Private sector representative)