Apply for CPD Accreditation
The SAAFP is registered as an official CPD Accreditor with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA). We render an efficient and fast accreditation service to private CPD providers.
All applications need to be submitted via our accreditation application portal in order to be processed correctly and without delay.
Please take note of your ticket number issued as all correspondence regarding a certain application needs to be logged on the same ticket number.
Steps to submit an application:
1. Go to www.admin.saafp.org
2. Click on “Open a new Ticket”.
3. Click on the “Accreditation Application” at the Help topic section.
4. Fill in your contact details.
5. Complete the information in the “Accreditation Application – basic” section and upload where necessary your documentation.
6. Add additional information in the “Additional Information” section. This will be relevant to any other details we would need to know.
7. Insert the correct “Captcha”.
8. Click on “Create Ticket”.
Only complete application forms with all the required supporting documentation will be submitted to the CPD Committee of SAAFP for approval. To learn more about the CPD Guidelines for Health Care Professionals, please download it here.
1. The filled in CPD 2A Form (the application form), please download it here.
2. Program or Invitation of the CPD event specifying the exact time slots for each presentation/topic.
3. Presenter(s) short CV / biography. If your application contains a published article and the article specifies the author’s affiliation clearly, a CV is not required.
4. A summary of the presentation(s) or a copy of the presentation(s) in .pdf format must be presented.
5. Questionnaire or MCQ (if applicable)
6. The signed attendance registers if the event occurred before the application date.
If you require accreditation to Level 2 (i) – Self Study, then in addition to the above requirements a copy of the CD or DVD must be submitted.
1. Once the CPD committee of SAAFP approves the application, an invoice will be rendered to you.
2. Please ensure that you use the reference number provided on the invoice when you process your payment and submit the proof of payment without delay to expedite the rendering of the accreditation numbers.
3. The accreditation number(s) will be sent to you after we have received your proof of payment.
1. A service fee will be charged per accreditation number issued.
2. Click here to download 2017 CPD accreditation fees.
3. Please note that a service fee will be charged in the event that applications are withdrawn or declined.