• Reference Number : refs/017981
• Directorate : FAMILY MEDICINE
• Number of Posts : 1
• Package : R 1 288 095.00
• Enquiries : Prof. S. Moosa 082 446 6825
• Appropriate qualification as Medical Practitioner. Registration with the HPCSA as a Medical Practitioner. A minimum of 5 years of appropriate experience after registration with the HPCSA as a Medical Practitioner with leadership and supervisory experience within the District Health Services. An additional post graduate qualification such as MPH, MMed (Family Medicine), MBA, and other management qualification, will be an added advantage. Knowledge of the District Health and Primary Health Care (PHC) system in South Africa. Knowledge of appropriate legislation, regulation and policies. Knowledge and experience of clinical governance in Family Medicine and PHC . Good leadership, management, communication and decision-making skills. Counselling and conflict resolution skills. Demonstration of the ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team. Experience in undergraduate and post graduate teaching as well as supervision of post graduate research an added advantage. Relevant publications in peer-reviewed journals an added advantage.
• Co-ordinate comprehensive medical services, including organisation of doctors, clinical team priorities, clinical team governance, clinical team training and clinical team research. Personally render medical services to patients in district healthcare facilities and rotate through all services to patient in district facilities and rotate through all service points, including referring clinics. Implement quality improvement process to address identified problems related to patient care and the health systems in consultation with other stakeholders. Mentor, and coach medical staff in Clinical Governance. Implement performance management of subordinate medical officers, registrars, medical interns and support staff. Implement cost containment measures, analyse budget and ensure effective and efficient use of resources. Ensure human resources policies for all the Medical Officers in the Sub-district are supported, including leave management, counselling and discipline, performance reviews etc. Implement performance management of subordinates. Support commuted overtime and adherence to RWOP’s. Implement and participate in a structured, continued professional programme to optimise the knowledge and skills of clinicians in the District (Medical Interns, Medical Officers, PHC Nurses and Registrations). Participate and network with managers and hospitals. Actively contribute to the formulation and implementation of operational plans. Provide leadership in the implementation of NHI, (including PHC re-engineering, school health, ward based PHC outreach teams and private provider contracting). Participate in commuted overtime at the required level. Lead and participate in the undergraduate training programs of the department of family medicine. Initiate, participate and conduct high
quality primary care research and publications, to improve quality clinical services. Coordinate academic and clinical governance activities as required and report as required. Perform any other duties as may be determined by the Head of the District Clinical Unit of Family Medicine.
• The fully completed and signed new Z83 form should be accompanied by a detailed recently updated CV, copies of your qualifications, identity document and driver’s license do not need to be attached upon application, only shortlisted candidates will receive communication from HR to submit certified copies on the day of the interview. Smart ID card and Driver’s license copies must be double sided. Please ensure that the reference number is correctly quoted. Persons who are foreign nationals or who are in possession of a foreign qualification must furnish the Department with an evaluation or endorsement certificate from the respective Council or body. The Provincial Government of Gauteng is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment, especially in respect of race, gender, and disability. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. All recommended candidates will be subjected to positive results of the security screening process which entails reference checks, criminal records check, qualification verification and medical surveillance. Incomplete applications or applications received after closing date will not be considered. Applications must be submitted only through this email: JhbHealth.DistrictJobApplications@gauteng.gov.za, and Applications sent to the GPG online application portal WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED Applicants must indicate the post reference number as subject line of the email. Johannesburg Health District does not have budget for resettlement and S&T claims.
Employer : Department of Health
Location : JHB Health District
Closing Date : 22-06-2023
Do you have : Appropriate qualification as Medical Practitioner?
Are you Registration with the HPCSA as a Medical Practitioner?
Do you have minimum of 5 years of appropriate experience after registration with the HPCSA as a Medical Practitioner?
Please Notes :
• Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.