DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
Job Title: MEDICAL SPECIALIST GRADE 1, 2 OR 3
CORE TITLE: HEALTH ASSOCIATED SCIENCES AND SUPPORT PERSONNEL
: Witzenberg Sub-District, Ceres
Remuneration: Grade 1: R 1 106 040.00
Grade 2: R 1 264 623.00
Grade 3: R 1 467 651.00
((A portion of the package can be structured according to the individual’s personal needs. It will be expected of the successful candidate to participate in a system of remunerated commuted overtime).)
Minimum educational qualification:
An appropriate qualification that allows registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) as Medical Specialist.
None after registration with the HPCSA as Medical Specialist in Family Medicine.
A minimum of 5 years appropriate experience after registration with the HPCSA (or recognised foreign Health Professional Council in respect of foreign qualified employees) as a Medical Specialist in Family Medicine.
A minimum of 10 years appropriate experience after registration with the HPCSA (or recognised foreign Health Professional Council in respect of foreign qualified employee) as a Medical Specialist in Family Medicine.
Registration with a professional council:
Registration with the HPCSA as a Medical Specialist in Family Medicine.
Inherent requirement of the job:
Valid driver’s licence and willingness to travel.
Duties (key result areas/outputs)
- Knowledge and understanding of the Health Care 2030.
- Excellent administrative and research skills.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) in at least two of three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Computer literacy (Ms Office: Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Clinical competencies (District Hospital package of care and PHC services).
- Be part of the Sub-District Health Services management team and support management in the planning and governance of clinical services in the Sub-district
- Provide a comprehensive Acute and Primary Health Care (PHC) package of care to patients, at District Hospital and PHC facilities with a COPC approach, (including emergency care, ward rounds, OPD, outreaches to PHC facilities, theatre work, Obstetrics, after-hours duties) in order to ensure efficient delivery of the core package of services
- Implement a Chronic Disease Management system including protocols and standards for qualitative care for patients with chronic illnesses including non- communicable diseases, mental health illnesses and HIV + patients on ART in the Sub-District.
- Conduct clinical audits, appropriate to the needs of the Sub District and liaise with specialists at the referral hospital to implement the Outreach and support policy of the Department.
- Initiate, supervise and conduct research appropriate to the needs of the Sub District and will be responsible for the training and learning of health staff and medical registrars and students.
- Successful candidate is expected to participate Commuted overtime (1st, 2nd and 3rd calls).
No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
Dr E Titus (medical manager witzenberg sub-district) – tel no: 023- 316 9600, Elton.email@example.com