Family Medicine and the “Circle of Life”
We take great pleasure in inviting you to the 21st Annual National Family Practioners Congress from the 24th to 26th August 2018 at the River Club Mowbray Cape Town.
This year’s theme will cover topics from the “start of life” to the “end of life”.
- The first 1000 days
- The allergic child
- Paediatric emergencies
- Adolescent health
- How to manage diabetes according to the latest guidelines
- The placement of IUCDs
- Sports injuries and their treatment
- Intra-articular joint injections
- Surgical skills workshop suturing techniques
- XR and the setting of fractures
- Alcohol and family violence
- Medical error (Ethics points)
- Palliative care (Ethics points)
- Cervical cancer and HPV vaccinations
- Testicular and prostate cancer
Early bird registrations are already open. Don’t miss the opportunity to register at a discounted rate.
Call for papers released
The scientific committee of the 21st Annual National Family Practitioners Congress is extending an invitation for the submission of research for the congress that will be held in Cape Town 24-26 August 2018. We are encouraging colleagues to share research-work that illustrates the advancement of Family Medicine as a growing, exciting and important discipline.
We call on for abstracts to be submitted for peer review before 30 April 2018 in order to be considered for presentation at this congress. Each abstarct will be peer reviewed and evaluated in terms of its scientific rigour, social and/or academic value. Reviewers will decide on whether to recommend acceptance or rejection of a abstarct. If the abstract is aaccepted, a recommendation will be made for oral presentation or poster. The scientific commitee will inform applicants of the outcome of the review by 20 May 2018.